See something out of date on this page? Suggest an update to this program
First Course NYC is an apprenticeship program that teaches the culinary skills needed for a career as a line cook.
This 14-week program includes 8 weeks of classroom kitchen training from experienced chefs and instructors. This is followed by 6 weeks of on-the-job training in respected New York City restaurants.
You should have these minimum requirements:
- Committed to starting a career as a restaurant cook
- Aged 18 or older
- New York City resident
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Registered for Selective Service (if applicable)
- Make no more than $50,000 every year
- Restaurants participating in this program require that all apprentices receive the COVID-19 vaccine
Attend an upcoming information session to start the application process.