See something out of date on this page? Suggest an update to this program
The Health Corps connects NYCHA residents to training and work experience.
This 10 month long program connects NYCHA residents to healthcare advocacy work in the public sector. Deliver resources and programming information such as disaster response, education, and economic opportunity to other NYCHA residents.
NYCHA Health Corps provides many perks like a living stipend, MetroCard (if applicable), healthcare, childcare, and more.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident of the United States
- Have obtained a High School diploma or HSE prior to the start of the program
- Must be 18 years or older by the start date of the program
- Agree to and pass a criminal background check if the offer is accepted by the applicant
- Ability to serve full time for the entire program term (generally Monday to Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM)
- A strong motivation for making a positive difference in NYC and NYCHA communities
- Willingness to learn new skills and improve upon existing ones
Serve 9am-5pm Monday-Friday for a little over a year, completing 1,200 hours.
See information for how to apply.